ALDI Buying Administrative Assistant - Marketing in Aurora, Illinois
Behind every great deal at ALDI are people working to bring it all together. Our team of administrative professionals tackle the ins and outs of running a well-oiled business as they collaborate and support the operations of our National Services & divisional offices. And that helps our network of stores and warehouses run smoothly. Ready to join a team dedicated to making the ALDI Difference?
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Handles administrative requests and fulfills analysis queries from leadership.
• Organizes and schedules appointments for department and leadership.
• Develops and accurately maintains the department filing system.
• Creates, maintains, and enters information into appropriate information systems.
• Reviews documents for accuracy and enters information appropriately into databases.
• Processes invoices for timely and accurate payment.
• Investigates inquiries involving signage vendor payments.
• Job responsibilities include possible access to HIPAA protected health information; as such, employee must comply with HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements and policies.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Makes Informed Decisions: Analyzes all information and available resources to make information based decisions; establishes best practices and articulates rationale and impact of decisions.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
• Proficient Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Proficient in typing and data entry.
• Analyzes and interprets data.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED required.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Local travel required.
• Up to 25%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.