ALDI IT Project Manager in Aurora, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Services department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Provides input to their direct leader concerning personnel hiring and performance.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Understands and carries out business and project management processes.
• Assists in communicating and modeling the overarching company strategy and core values of the organization to create a proper work environment and sense of teamwork among employees.
• Adheres to and assists direct leader in ensuring compliance standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, including all project management related responsibilities.
• Prepares user documentation, bulletins and corresponding program updates for distribution to all relevant users.
• Ensures national programs meet requirements for security and integrity of information.
• Coordinates with national and international project delivery including documentation, testing, training, deployment and maintenance of new or existing software/hardware solutions.
• Supports the overall Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service management processes for software and hardware solutions.
• Maintains, manages and understands user requirements and issues, participates in project or committee meetings as required, reports on project health on international and national projects of lesser scope.
• Supports project managers in the delivery of project objectives and deliverables.
• Leads national and international projects and/or multiple smaller projects and ensures project compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Manages project budgets, tracks project costs and checks for calculation accuracy.
• Acts as a knowledge source and mentor for team members.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively achieve positive results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Ability to understand overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software and the operating environment.
• Proficient with office productivity software and project management tools.
• Expert understanding of IT project management methodologies and project delivery lifecycles.
• Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
• Project management skills, including the achievement of desired results within scope, timeline and budget.
• Ability to manage project financials.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Project Management required.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• International & Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.