ALDI IT Service Desk Agent in Aurora, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Services department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
In this role as an IT Service Desk Agent, you are the face of supporting all ALDI employees from a national level, in a 24/7 call-center environment at our national office based in Aurora, IL. The ideal candidate will need to receive calls and portal tickets from ALDI employees working across different domains who are experiencing IT related issues, providing solutions to the caller. Issues can range from ordering toner for a printer, to supporting servers and virtual machines within the store. You will be a part of a team that is dedicated to the Global Service Desk (GSD), where most of the support calls will focus around ALDI’s Point of Sale system and back office equipment. The ideal candidate will need to have experience with customer engagement, ability to troubleshoot issues over the phone and provide a best in class employee experience. The Global Service Desk team operates 24/7. Qualified candidates should be comfortable working any shift. After completion of the 4-6 week training program, a consistent schedule will be assigned to each IT Service Desk Agent team member. ALDI is looking for someone that is willing to work with others in a team setting, that brings positive energy and that is looking for career advancement. ALDI encourages employee growth and development, as this is a key component to our working culture. This role is a stepping stone to career advancement opportunities to more technical positions at ALDI. Further opportunities exist within the Global Service Desk and other IT departments outside the Global Service Desk allowing you to grow in your career with us.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Answers incoming support requests regarding hardware, software or network issues in a timely manner; creates a ticket and documents issue through full and timely resolution.
• Provides support to National Services Offices, divisions and/or stores and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
• Notifies their direct leader of recurring issues providing suggested process improvements.
• Escalates to the appropriate level of support and/or management when necessary.
• Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Suggests process improvements to IT Supervisor in areas that could positively impact the business and the level of support.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Plans and Prioritizes: sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively achieve positive results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of business system and processing requirements.
• Proficient with office productivity software.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED required.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 50 lbs.
• Occasionally required to handle small computer components to perform tasks.
• Regularly required to read and identify small status listings, markings and components.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.