ALDI Mail Clerk in Batavia, Illinois
Behind every great deal at ALDI are people working to bring it all together. Our team of administrative professionals tackle the ins and outs of running a well-oiled business as they collaborate and support the operations of our National Services & divisional offices. And that helps our network of stores and warehouses run smoothly. Ready to join a team dedicated to making the ALDI Difference?
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $17.00/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Sorts and distributes mail and internal correspondence throughout the ALDI campus and satellite locations.
• Operates postage meter machine, applying postage to outgoing department mail, and delivers outgoing mail to the post office.
• Sorts and distributes packages and product samples used for quality assurance data collection to the appropriate storage rooms and designated areas.
• Provides assistance with moving large items on campus per the needs of the department.
• Maintains full knowledge of the department structure, knowing which individuals oversee each of the commodity groups, and updates team records accordingly.
• Assists in the collection of samples by charity organizations and maintains the charity room.
• Supports coverage of the Reception desk as a backup, when needed.
• Communicates with their direct leader any problems in their areas of responsibility and suggests ways of improving systems for greater efficiency.
• Resolves any spillages, accidents and incidents.
• Manages and tracks personal company vehicle maintenance including fuel, regular oil changes and timely repairs.
• Utilizes computer and company software for word processing, pulling reports, data entry and communication.
• Job responsibilities include possible access to HIPAA-protected health information; as such, employee must comply with HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements and policies.
• Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and management.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Manages and Supports Projects: Effectively plans, executes and supports project needs to support management and the larger ALDI business.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
• Proficient in typing and data entry.
• Ability to file and process mail.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED required.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• ServSafe Food Handler Training for food service and sanitation will be completed within 90 days of hire required. The IDPH certificate must be renewed and maintained according to Illinois Department of Health guidelines.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
• Work is performed in a receiving department environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Regularly required to push, pull, bend, sort items and lift boxes weighing up to 45 pounds.
• Regularly required to drive a company car to transport mail to multiple locations and the post office.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.