ALDI Website Manager in Batavia, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
We have a message to get out: we’re growing. Fast. ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. That’s why we need people dedicated to helping us connect with our new customers and keeping our current customers coming back for more! On our Marketing, Advertising and PR teams, you can do just that, showing the nation just what kind of company we are. With a thriving organization like ours, this can make for a rewarding career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Manages all aspects of eCommerce website.
• Leads the development of the digital/social media strategy to create value in support of the key business priorities.
• Develops proper procedures to have accurate, timely and efficient communication, information flow and program execution with the Buying department, leadership, and applicable marketing partners.
• Makes necessary decisions to properly manage all deadlines and associated timelines to ensure successful business execution.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; evaluates performance and achievement of expectations and desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Provides expertise on digital/social media marketing strategy, management, advertising, media planning, media buying, content strategy, design, innovation, technology, efficiency, functionality, competition and content production to ensure a best in class customer experience.
• Presents proactive, factual and data-driven communication and recommendations to direct leader to allow for timely, collaborative decision-making.
• Communicates digital/social media strategy and tactical plans to internal team as well as marketing agencies to ensure all parties are integrated and aligned.
• Partners with the marketing research team to analyze sales reports: draw insights, help to identify optimization tactics and adjust strategy.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Manages, develops and trains their direct reports, as well as marketing agency partners.
• Supports and prepares negotiations for digital/social media related service providers to achieve the best outcome for the company in conjunction with their direct leader.
• Manages a project from concept through completion, ensuring it is on point with brand strategy, stays on schedule, and budget.
• Works with marketing agencies to forecast digital budgets for the year as well as continuously monitor and manage current budgets.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Managing Self: Seeking feedback, reflecting upon personal behaviors and looking for growth opportunities. Displaying composure, resilience and a positive approach to work.
• Communicating with Impact: Communicating clearly and effectively in written, non-verbal and verbal communication to inform, inspire, motivate and influence. Appreciating the importance of listening, empathy and respect.
• Cooperating with Others: Creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Actively consulting, managing conflict and appreciating alternative perspectives and cultures.
• Leading People: Fostering a cooperative leadership style that empowers and motivates. Providing clear expectations and direction. Developing people in their roles and supporting future growth.
• Driving Decisions and Results: Showing ownership by making informed decisions, executing efficiently and taking responsibility for results. Pursuing goals and taking initiative. Using market awareness to better meet the customers' needs (internal and external).
• Managing Change: Demonstrating flexibility and embracing changes to adapt to shifting business needs and emerging technologies. Identifying opportunities for business improvements. Effectively implementing changes in alignment with business goals.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply company policies and procedures.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Conflict management skills.
• Thinks critically and analytically.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to apply creative solutions.
• Knowledge of products and services of the company.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Competent in marketing analysis.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Digital Marketing, Campaigns, eCommerce and retail operations required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Demonstrable experience leading and managing digital, social, email and display advertising campaigns preferred.
• Experience working on a top 100 internet retail website required.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Minimal travel as needed.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.