ALDI Administrative Assistant - Procurement Department in Dublin, Ohio
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. How can you play a part? By joining our Procurement team. The team will engage in the sourcing and tendering of the non-merchandise equipment, fixtures, supplies and displays that support our operations. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $21.75/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Demonstrates initiative in their role by identifying opportunities to improve processes and overall efficiency.
• Analyzes and investigates spend data to aid strategic planning and development for the category.
• Manages all aspects of sourcing activity including strategy, research, tender, contract awarding, and implementation.
• Coordinates the full onboarding of new suppliers into the program and oversees the ongoing adherence of vendors to the contract terms.
• Acts as a liaison within the organization to communicate processes and strategy.
• Maintains collaborative relationships with vendors to achieve category targets in quality, cost, and service and to foster vendor partnerships.
• Provides comprehensive and professional support service to management and leadership.
• Maintains an efficient and well-organized filing system and workstation within the office.
• Trains and cross trains with other employees.
• Selects and procures goods in consideration of cost, quality, delivery, and service options.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and direct leaders.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Supports the office to maintain focus on customers.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Proficient in SAP Ariba software for sourcing, contract management, and P2P business functions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with Advanced MS Excel proficiency preferred.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Negotiation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to submit work accurately and timely.
• Analyzes and interprets data.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED required.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a sourcing role preferred.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Domestic travel
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.