ALDI Facilities Specialist in Dublin, Ohio
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. How can you play a part? By joining our Facilities, Systems & Sustainability team. The team supports sustainability initiatives aimed to minimize our environmental impact including energy efficiency, utility analysis, refrigerant management and renewable energy. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $63,500/year
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Designs projects, develops process documentation, proactive reporting schedules and assists in supervising projects from implementation through delivery.
• Develops and maintains fruitful working relationships with vendors in area of responsibility.
• Conducts tests, evaluates results, creates active monitoring tools, and recommends ongoing process or operational changes.
• Develops processes, user documentation, and corresponding project details for distribution to all relevant users.
• Coordinates plans for testing, documentation and training for project rollouts.
• Supports the Director of Facilities, Systems, and Sustainability on topics for discussion at National committee meetings and International CRI meetings as needed.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Researches Facilities project feasibility and develops success criteria.
• Makes decisions within a cost-conscious environment.
• Collects, analyzes and interprets data in facilities and repair and maintenance reports to identify anomalies in facility operations.
• Identifies, proposes, researches, and evaluates the use of new technologies and ideas to promote facilities and repair and maintenance efficiency.
• Develops training plans to promote energy control at store level, which is engaging and impactful.
• Works proactively to identify, capture, and report facility or energy anomalies, opportunities for energy reduction.
• Creates documentation, recommends course of action, and oversees creation of new reports pertaining to company-wide repair and maintenance spend.
• Maintains and improves organization of research and media monitoring for CR trends, supports the development of CR reporting, benchmarking, and competitor activity; shares and discusses findings, in development of ALDI’s National and International Action Plans.
• Develops, creates and refines reports to provide information to management used for decision-making.
• Prepare and perform thorough analysis of repair and maintenance reports at a micro and macro level on a daily and monthly basis.
• Analyze and research statistical outliers in repair and maintenance reports and make recommendations for correction following company information flow directives through divisional and vendor presentations and discussions.
• Demonstrate a full understanding of facilities-related programs and reporting processes.
• Communicate effectively directly with District Managers regarding the repair and maintenance spend; offering guidance, answering related questions and investigating concerns.
• Maintain a high level of expertise in refrigerant leak tracking in order to provide support and training to divisions as needed.
• Effectively organize communication logs to document correspondence and report appropriately.
• Participate in all Corporate Responsibility and Operations reporting.
• Develop new projects that advance Facilities areas of responsibility to support decision-making.
• Support in all special projects as requested.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Studies, Business, Engineering or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Facilities and Business.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of warehouse and store building designs, regional climates, and gain a basic understanding of operations.
• Knowledge of the components and functionality of the Energy Management system in order to assist Operations with questions that arise.
• Analyzes and resolves complex issues.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Works cooperatively with leaders, co-workers, district managers, store, and real estate employees to generate teamwork and improve efficiency.
• Communicates relevant information with peers and leadership allowing them to fulfill their duties.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.