ALDI Procurement Specialist in Dublin, Ohio
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. How can you play a part? By joining our Procurement team. The team will engage in the sourcing and tendering of the non-merchandise equipment, fixtures, supplies and displays that support our operations. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $63,500/year
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Consults with leadership on the development of the team's strategy.
• Liaises with internal and external parties to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes within their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Makes recommendations to the business about the awarding of business to suppliers.
• Conducts negotiations and leads vendor meetings on a regular basis, per the tender timelines.
• Implements contracts and communicates contract and vendor updates both externally to the supply base as well as internally to the stakeholders.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Ensures that the procurement plan aligns with the overall sourcing strategy.
• Identifies and executes cost-saving opportunities that directly impact the profitability of the company.
• Utilizes procurement levers to reduce total cost of ownership and optimize performance, quality, and service within department categories.
• Interprets market data and evaluates spend analysis to drive category planning.
• Conducts all source to contract activity, supporting the development and approval of sourcing strategies, market testing, negotiation, and contract finalization.
• Creates department-specific reporting as required to aid in overall planning and strategy.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Manages and Support Projects: Effectively plans, executes and supports project needs to support management and the larger ALDI business.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Proficient in SAP Ariba software for sourcing, contract management, and P2P business functions.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Drives projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, time management, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Demonstrates clear rationale when making sourcing decisions, in consideration of cost, quality, delivery, and service.
• Negotiation skills.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, with advanced proficiency required in MS Excel and MS Power Point.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain Management, Business, Procurement and/or Retail Operations required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• International & Domestic travel required.
• Up to 50%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.