ALDI Project Assistant in Hinckley Township, Ohio
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
The National Operations team allows you to make decisions that will make an impact at one of the nation's top grocers. We are a group of strong analytical thinkers, each with a dash of our own unique creative vision. We are always on the lookout for those improvements that will keep ALDI moving forward. Projects range in scope from internal policy improvements to impacting the way our customer’s shop. On our team your work will make a difference. Find your fit in one of our National Operations roles.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $20.00/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Handles administrative requests and queries from leadership.
• Organizes and schedules appointments for department and leadership as necessary.
• Coordinates department meetings and takes detailed minutes, writing and distributing emails, memos, and other information within the department as necessary.
• Develops and maintains the department filing system.
• Job responsibilities include possible access to HIPAA protected health information; as such, employee must comply with HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements and policies.
• Communicates and informs their direct leader of issues, status and results of assigned tasks appropriately.
• Identifies project issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
• Recommends process improvements for areas of responsibility.
• Develops informative and creative presentations, as needed.
• Assists their direct leader in implementation and rollouts of team projects.
• Analyzes working procedures with the objective to identify/share best practices.
• Organizes project documents/files.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Makes Informed Decisions: Analyzes all information and available resources to make information-based decisions; establishes best practices and articulates rationale and impact of decisions.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Thinks critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
• Proficient Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Proficiency in typing and data entry.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop
• Analyzes and interprets data.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED required.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.