ALDI Internal Reporting Analyst II in Naperville, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our Corporate Administration department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Corporate Tax, Financial Reporting and Treasury and Finance.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Communicates and informs leadership of issues, status, and results of assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Conducts analysis of financial reports and Operational KPIs to ensure that activities are accurate and available to project owners in a timely manner.
• Determines and creates required project deliverables.
• Employs problem solving techniques and performs special projects as required.
• Assists leadership in implementation and roll outs of large-scale projects .
• Researches and resolves reconciliation variances in financial statements.
• Helps to cross train other members of the team.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Accounting or Finance.
• Experience with financial reporting, variance analyses, and creation of financial and KPI dashboards.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience with SAP BW, SAP Lumira and Tableau a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the process for recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transaction in accordance with company, statutory, tax, cost, and reporting requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Thinks critically and analytically.
• Knowledge of financial analysis strategies.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to reconcile and analyze accounts.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.