ALDI Internal Reporting Analyst II in Naperville, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our National Finance & Administration Services department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Naperville
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Communicates and informs leadership of issues, status, and results of assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Conducts analysis of financial reports to ensure that activities are accurate and available to project owners in a timely manner.
• Determines and develops required project deliverables.
• Performs special projects as required; employing problem-solving techniques to carry out project deliverables.
• Assists leadership in implementation and rollouts of large-scale projects including making recommendations.
• Researches and resolves reconciliation variances in financial statements.
• Cross-trains other members of the team.
• Provides analysis for forward-looking financial and business related projects.
• Creates informative, actionable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively get the job done.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficiency in typing and data entry.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the process for recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transaction in accordance with company, statutory, tax, cost, and reporting requirements.
• Knowledge of financial analysis strategies.
• Ability to reconcile and analyze accounts.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Accounting or Finance required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Domestic travel required.
• Up to 5%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.