ALDI Payroll Clerk in Naperville, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $18.50/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Prepares, processes, reconciles and audits payroll data within the company-offered payroll system.
• Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data.
• Handles and processes garnishment requests.
• Generates reports as required to provide information for management.
• Escalates issues to the appropriate level of support and/or management when necessary.
• Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures, as well as reporting needed changes.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing payroll-related requests as needed.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively “get the job done”.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
• Understands data collection, entry, and reporting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED required.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.