ALDI Projects Analyst II (Finance Software Deployment) in Naperville, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our National Finance & Administration Services department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury.
In this role as a Projects Analyst II, you will act as a SAP software deployment sub-stream team member. This position will participate in analyzing, evaluating, and assisting with implementing new systems, solutions and processes in collaboration with the international project team. A typical day will include understanding the future global template, learning Aldi’s current processes from the business expert teams and ensuring the US needs/requirements are meet through the future deployment. This position will also be involved in the cleansing and enhancing of data for migration to the new ERP system, training key users, participating in user acceptance testing, cutover activities and deployment. The ideal candidate will actively participate in the sub-streams assigned to them, must be detail-oriented, execute project plans and understand the impact of technical design decisions. Additionally, they will have the ability to question information while maintaining positive relationships. ALDI is a growing and fast-changing company. The candidate should be geared towards supporting and championing change towards continuous improvement.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Evaluate and assist with implementing new systems, solutions and processes in collaboration with the central project team.
• Communicates status and creates required reporting for projects.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Prepares and evaluates of cost benefits/best practice analysis.
• Prepares measures for optimizing organization and process workflows, while participating in process change management and project implementation.
• Understands relevant solutions within their functional area.
• Collaborates closely with respective platform teams.
• Contributes to project plans.
• Performs data cleansing and enhancement activities.
• Prepares status reports for management.
• Develops national reports leveraging identified solutions.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively achieve positive results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Understanding and execution of project plans; delivery of key tracks/segments.
• Understands cost/benefit analysis.
• Negotiation skills.
• Analyzes and resolves complex issues.
• Knowledge of financial analysis strategies.
• Analyzes and interprets data.
• Identification of objectives and risks of core and support processes.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Accounting, Finance, IT or Operations.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• International & Domestic travel required.
• Up to 25%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.