ALDI Tax Analyst II - Real Estate in Naperville, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our National Finance & Administration Services department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Corporate Tax, Financial Reporting and Treasury and Finance.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Recommends process improvements to help improve efficiencies for area of responsibility.
• Prepares cash flow analysis, reviews various tax accounting issues at the divisional/corporate level, and maintains and administers the Tax Calendar.
• Coordinates support for real estate and personal property tax audits.
• Administers personal property tax returns and real property preparation, assessment, and payment.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership including tax increases and audit results.
• Perform and/or review monthly property tax accruals entries and tax account reconciliations.
• Review real estate tax terms in new leases.
• Assist with bill pay process for real estate tax bills.
• Forecast real estate and personal property taxes for new and existing facilities.
• Support other property tax projects and initiatives.
• Strong analytical, research and organizational skills.
• Provide timely and effective responses.
• Review assessment appeal opportunities.
• Escalating judgement-based recommendations to senior management for approval.
• Proactively identifying and communicating pending real estate tax increases to finance partners.
• Experience with multi-state, multi-entity corporate structures a plus.
• Experience in both GAAP and IFRS reporting a plus.
• SAP experience preferred.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Real Estate Accounting.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to understand, reconcile, and substantiate balances in associated General Ledger accounts.
• Self-motivated with an ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Communicates and works well with others.
• Ability to reconcile and analyze accounts.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Problem-solving skills.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.