ALDI Full-Time Store Associate in Oakwood, Georgia
As a Store Associate, you’ll be responsible for merchandising and stocking product, cashiering, and cleaning to keep the store looking its best. You’ll enhance the customer shopping experience by building relationships with customers, answering questions and providing exceptional customer service.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 32-40 hours/week
Starting Wage: $14.00/hour plus a pay increase after the first year of employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Processes customer purchases, perform general cleaning duties, merchandise products, stocks shelves and displays neatly to maximize visibility and sales.
• Assist customers with problems or concerns, and contacts management as appropriate to assist.
• Collaborates with team members and communicate relevant information to direct leader.
• Provide feedback to management on all products, inventory losses, scanning errors, and general issues that could impact productivity.
• Participates in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines and monitoring inventory.
• Complies with all established company policies and procedures while upholding the security and confidentiality of documents and data.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
• Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
• Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Ability to provide prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized, give attention to detail, follow instructions and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.