ALDI Part-Time Store Associate (New Store) in Phoenix, Arizona
ALDI is thrilled to announce we’re opening new locations in the Phoenix area. We couldn’t be more excited to join your community. We’re known around the country for award-winning products with exceptional quality and value. Our employees are at the heart of our business and we’re looking for dedicated hard-working people to join our store teams as Assistant Store Managers, Store Managers, Store Manager Trainees, Lead Store Associates and Store Associates. When you join our store staff, you’ll be supported by comprehensive training and dynamic team members that work to achieve more, together.
Position Type: Part-Time
Average Hours: Fewer than 30 hours per week
Starting Wage: $14.50 per hour plus a pay increase after the first year of employment
Note: This position will train at a nearby store until the new store opens
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assists management in achieving store appearance and maintenance standards.
• Identifies and rectifies hazards and/or equipment in need of maintenance to provide a safe environment.
• Assists management in achieving payroll and total loss goals.
• Assists customers with problems or concerns, and contacts management as appropriate regarding customers with problems or concerns.
• Provides feedback to management on all products, inventory losses, scanning errors, and general issues that could impact productivity.
• Processes customer purchases, performs general cleaning duties, and stocks shelves and displays neatly to maximize visibility and sales.
• Participates in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines.
• Complies with all established company policies and procedures.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Performs within ALDI ACTS Competencies as outlined below.
ALDI ACTS Competencies:
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures, and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand customer needs and makes an effort to satisfy them in order to create a pleasant shopping experience.
• Models ALDI Image: Presents self in a professional way in both typical and challenging situations which promotes a positive ALDI experience for customers and co-workers.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Makes decisions, sets priorities and organizes information while thinking about the pros and cons of possible outcomes and maintaining compliance with ALDI standards.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
• Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.