ALDI 3rd Shift Warehouse Shift Supervisor in Tully, New York
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 30-35 hours per week
Starting Wage: $21.00 per hour plus $2.00 per hour when performing supervisor duties
Weekend Premium: Weekend premium pay of the hourly rate plus $1.00 will be paid for hours worked on Sunday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Prepares and establishes daily shipping schedules to ensure the stores have inventory necessary to meet customer needs.
• Verifies proper receipt of product and escalates any receiving discrepancies.
• Assists the Warehouse Team Leaders in handling daily communications with 3rd party partners schedule changes and business needs.
• Assists the Warehouse Team Leaders in supervising the proper staging, construction and accuracy of product selection and timely, accurate and efficient storage of product, supplies and equipment received to ensure maximum efficiency and service to the stores.
• Facilitates communication and fulfillment of store needs including order changes or requests for product, equipment and supplies.
• Supervises and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
• Assists with developing and implementing action plans to improve operating results and personnel development.
• Works cooperatively with colleagues and divisional departments and communicates relevant information in a timely and effective manner, allowing them to fulfill their duties.
• Monitors all companies providing service within the warehouse to ensure acceptable performance and informs the Warehouse Team Leader accordingly.
• Communicates necessary issues to service providers’ and vendors’ management on an ongoing basis and reports concerns to the Warehouse Team Leader.
• Provides feedback and recommendations to their direct leader regarding changes to improve the operation and implements action plans as directed.
• Informs management of major team developments and concerns in a timely and effective manner.
• Delivers information to resolve complaints and ensure equitable treatment of team members to Warehouse Team Leaders.
• Manages warehouse processes and workload distribution to achieve efficiency and inventory goals while monitoring other controllable expenses.
• Ensures that Warehouse Team Leaders have the information necessary to resolve complaints and to ensure equitable treatment of team members.
• Assists Warehouse Team Leaders with planning and facilitating of regularly scheduled Warehouse Associate meetings.
• Executes inventory operational controls; uses designated tracking forms and works with associates to conduct warehouse inventory counts.
• Performs general cleaning duties to maintain warehouse appearance standards and safety requirements.
• Leads inspections of inbound deliveries and fulfillment of all orders, verifying proper receipt of products ensuring compliance with company guidelines.
• Ensures that personnel complies with the company’s guidelines, policies and procedures; demonstrates appropriate interactions with co-workers.
• Assists in training, developing and monitoring performance; provides coaching as appropriate.
• Communicates and model the vision and values of the company to create a proper work environment and sense of teamwork among employees.
• Ensures personnel adheres to inventory procedures and product handling guidelines.
• Ensures a safe environment by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining equipment in proper working order.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Demonstrates a Positive Attitude and Resilience: Adapts positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change in order to achieve and sustain peak effectiveness.
• Drives for Success: Deliver excellent performance by seizing opportunities and proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures. Goes the extra mile and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
• Leads and Aligns: Contributes to an energizing environment that supports the success of the warehouse by providing direction, motivation, clarity, resources and support for warehouse employees to excel in the current environment and in times of change.
• Takes Ownership: Makes decisions and takes actions based on a clear understanding of the priorities and tasks needed to run an efficient and successful warehouse. Supports the stores and contributes to the growth of the division and overall ALDI organization.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Uses available information and instinctual curiosity to address situations before they occur and respond to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Works to correct problems that affect the financial and operational success of ALDI warehouses.
• Ability to select products efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate powered industrial equipment.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to organize and conduct group meetings including the ability to facilitate group involvement.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Conflict-management skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Knowledge of and ability to use office computers and related software for operational needs.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Frequently required to lift and place product weighing up to 45 pounds on pallets at various heights.
• Frequently move merchandise from warehouse stock and prepare product for store deliveries.
• Frequently required to sit, stand, bend, reach, grip, push, pull, lift, carry and walk throughout the warehouse.
• Continuously work in varying temperatures, hot and cold (including outdoor temperatures and refrigerator/freezer environments).
• Ability to safely and properly operate powered industrial equipment.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.