ALDI Full-Time Lead Store Associate (New Store) in Warminster Heights, Pennsylvania
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles - from store associate to cashier to stocker - while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you're also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 38 hours per week
Starting Wage: $16.50 per hour plus a pay increase after the first year of employment
Note: This position will train at a near by store until the new store opens.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Provides product feedback to store management, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
• Discusses resource allocation and task delegation for the team with leadership.
• Regularly communicates information and updates to leadership.
• Supervises that store personnel comply with the company’s customer satisfaction guidelines, demonstrate appropriate interactions with customers and co-workers, and maintain store cleanliness standards at all times.
• Ensures an appropriate resolution of operational customer concerns in the absence of store management.
• Ensures a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
• Merchandises product neatly to maximize sale, ensures proper store signage is maintained at all times, and ensures the quality and freshness of ALDI products.
• Participates in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines, and supervises that store personnel adhere to inventory procedures and product handling guidelines.
• Assists with product ordering as directed by, or in the absence of, store management.
• Supervises that store personnel comply with all established company policies and procedures, including cash control policies and procedures to minimize losses.
• Leads peers on tasks and/or projects, acting as a first point of contact.
• Communicates and models job responsibilities, performance expectations, and the values of the company.
• Assists in the training of new employees and the ongoing development of the team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Performs within ALDI ACTS Competencies as outlined below.
ALDI ACTS / Job Competencies:
• Plans and Prioritizes: Makes decisions, sets priorities and organizes information while thinking about the pros and cons of possible outcomes and maintaining compliance with ALDI standards.
• Demonstrates a Positive Attitude and Resilience: Adapts positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change, in order to achieve and sustain peak effectiveness.
• Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by seizing opportunities and proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures. Goes the extra-mile and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value; constantly focuses on customers, and puts in effort to satisfy them. Focuses team’s efforts to maintain focus on customers when running a shift.
• Leads and Aligns: Contributes to an energizing environment that supports the success of the store by providing direction, motivation, clarity, resources and support for associates on shift to excel in the current environment and in times of change.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including: electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform basic administrative duties such as filing, filling out forms, counting and basic arithmetic equations.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses.
• Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of store personnel.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to utilize store computers and related programs.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
• Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.